Being high in protein, omega-3 and a whole bunch of vitamins and minerals but low in fat and calorie, tuna is incredibly nutritious. Try this seared tuna with sesame crust, which is quick and easy enough for a weeknight but also special enough for company.
Prep Time 30 mins
Cooking Time 2 mins
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil.
- Place tuna steaks in a container with a lid and pour marinade over them. Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Lightly pat dry tuna steaks with a paper towel, then pat on sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat up olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Sear tuna steaks for 30 seconds on each side or until desired doneness.
- Cut into thin slices. Serve with a wedge of lemon and your favorite grilled vegetables or sides. Enjoy!
- Serve this sesame tuna steak with your favourite grilled or steamed vegetables, rice, noodles, or over a salad.
- Use a mix of black and white sesame seeds for pretty colours!
- If you can’t take alcohol, replace mirin with 1 tbsp white vinegar + 1/2 tsp granulated sweetener of choice.
- You may substitute light olive oil with any cooking oil with a high smoking point.