Seitan chicken is made with wheat gluten and water, making it a great source of vegan protein. This mouthwatering seitan "chicken" dish is a healthy one that can be whipped up in minutes and tastes so good you won't believe it's vegan!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- Make your stir fry sauce by combining sesame oil, sweet soy sauce, white pepper, corn starch, water and 1 tbsp of the light soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli into florets.
- Heat up a wok or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and a splash of water. Stir it around until the water starts to simmer, then cover wok with lid and let broccoli steam for 2-3 minutes or until it turns bright green. Remove broccoli from heat and set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in the same wok over medium heat. Add shredded seitan pieces and stir fry for 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp light soy sauce and stir fry until golden brown.
- Deglaze the wok with Shaoxing wine, and add broccoli. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the stir fry sauce that was prepared earlier and stir fry everything for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
- Shredded seitan is preferred for this recipe for texture. If you can't find it in stores, you can make you own from vital wheat gluten.
- If you don't like seitan, you can substitute it with tofu or tempeh.
- Serve this dish with steamed rice, noodles, or even quinoa!