This soba noodle salad is healthy, sugar-free, vegan and filled with green veggies, but it's a versatile dish so you can make it how you like. It's the perfect spring recipe: light, refreshing, super simple and yet delicious.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients for the dressing until combined. Set aside.
- Slice avocado and cut broccolini into smaller pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add broccolini and snow peas and cook for 1-2 minutes or until they turn bright green. Scoop vegetables out with a skimmer and set them aside to let cool.
- Bring the same pot of water back to a boil. Add dry soba and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat immediately when the noodles are done. Drain cooked soba and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Then transfer soba to serving bowl and toss with a light drizzle of sesame oil to prevent clumping.
- Top soba with snow peas, broccolini, edamame, avocado slices, Korean seasoned seaweed and sesame seeds. Serve with the dressing and enjoy!
- This salad is versatile and you can use whatever vegetables you like!
- It is important not to overcook soba and to rinse it until cold water thoroughly after cooking. This is to wash off any excess starch and to prevent your soba from becoming a gummy mass!
- Korean seasoned seaweed flakes is also known as kimjaban. It's basically roasted and salted seaweed flakes that adds an addictive crunch to any rice dishes! You can find it in Asian supermarkets. You can replace with regular nori (seaweed) strips if you can't find it.