Sweet potato, spinach, eggs and cheesy goodness make up this super quick and easy, low-carb, one-pan dish. 5min prep then chuck it in the oven and you're done. Healthy, filling and nutritious, it's perfect for busy mornings or a post workout snack.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 392°F.
- Peel the skin off the sweet potato and cut them into thin round pieces.
- Coat with salt and olive oil, making sure all slices and evenly coated.
- In a muffin pan, assemble the sweet potato slices in a shape of a flower, starting with the base.
- Bake it in the oven for 5-10 mins until sweet potato cooked through a little.
- Take the muffin tray out and add 10g (or more) cheese each, followed by cooked or raw spinach and then raw egg on top. Season with some salt
- Bake them in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some black pepper and enjoy!
- Packing the sweet potato muffin tightly and will help keep its shape.
- I recommend making only making a few servings at a time as they go stale pretty quickly.
- Use your favourite cheese, mozzarella for stretchy consistency, or can use cheddar or vegan cheese.
- Cook longer if you want fully cooked eggs and shorter for softer consistency.