Egg-in-a-hole, a breakfast classic that is a piece of toast with a soft-cooked egg in the middle, gets a Valentine's Day makeover! It's a great easy option for your romantic breakfast in bed on Valentine's Day or any other day too.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 5 mins
- Cut a heart shaped hole in the center of each slice of bread using a knife or a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and melt in a little bit of butter. Place bread in skillet and toast one side until golden.
- Flip bread and crack an egg into the hole. Cook until the whites are set but yolk is still a bit runny or to desired doneness.
- Repeat with the second slice of bread and egg.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite sides! Some ideas are sauteed mushrooms, spinach, roasted tomatoes, mashed avocado.
- You can use olive oil or your favorite oil in place of butter, or use no oil at all but make sure you use a non-stick skillet so the eggs don't stick.