Vegan Thai Red Curry with Chickpeas and Jackfruit. Flavorsome dish that you'll want to have it again. Its gluten free and soy free.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Making the curry
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add curry paste, garlic and onions and cook for about 2 minutes
- Add coconut milk, lime leaves, all sauces, ginger to the pan. Stir them in.
- Add jackfruit, chickpeas, potatoes and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Add vegetables and sweetener.
- Cook for another 3 mins. Adjust the taste by adding more sweetener or salt or sauces.
- Remove from heat and stir in Thai basil leaves and serve over brown jasmine rice and a handful of fresh cilantro leaves.
- Served with brown jasmine rice or white jasmine rice.
- Kaffir Lime leaves, basil leaves and vegan fish sauce add more depth to the flavor of the dish. But if those ingredients are not available, it is fine to exclude them. It will still taste good.
- If you can't tolerate garlic or onions, feel free to remove them.
- Feel free to use soy sauce over coconut aminos.
- Refrigerate leftover for 1 day.