A decadent, moist chocolate mug cake, elevated with a swirl of peanut butter and can be made within minutes. It's vegan, so is naturally egg, dairy and lactose-free. However, this particular recipe is low sugar and can also be made low fat as well!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 2 mins
- In a microwave-safe mug or bowl, add the first 6 ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Swirl in peanut butter, and top with chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1.5-2 minutes or until center is cooked through. Be careful not to overcook it though!
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
- Make sure you don't over-mix the batter, otherwise you can overwork the gluten in the flour and your mug cake will come out tough and doughy!
- For the flour, you can use white, wholewheat or a gluten-free blend.
- To make this low fat, you can replace oil with equal amount of apple sauce or mashed banana.
- You can substitute stevia with any other sweetener of choice.