Cinnamon rolls disguised as pancakes.. and best of all, they are healthy enough to eat for breakfast! These fluffy pancakes are swirled with a cinnamon sugar mixture and topped with a sugar-free glaze. They're also vegan and gluten-free!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat milk and monk fruit sweetener. Once combined, add to flour and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, cinnamon powder and coconut sugar. Transfer mixture to a ziplock bag and cut a little hole in one corner.
- Heat up a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Spoon one ladleful of batter onto the skillet. Let cook for 20 seconds then pipe a swirl of the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the batter. Repeat to fill the skillet. Flip the pancakes after 1-2 minutes, and cook the other side for another minute.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- While your pancakes are cooking, make the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, pausing to stir every 20 seconds, or until you reach your desired consistency. If the mixture thickens too much, just thin it out with a splash of oat milk.
- Transfer pancakes to your serving plates and drizzle sauce on top. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use any flour of choice that suits your dietary needs.
- You may substitute monk fruit sweetener and coconut sugar with any other sweetener of choice.
- I used oat milk but you can use any plant-based milk you like!
- Be sure to sure a nonstick skillet for these and cook over very low heat otherwise the sugar will burn and they will stick. If your pan is not nonstick, lightly grease it before cooking and in between pancakes if necessary.