These honey sriracha glazed meatballs are sweet, spicy and full of flavor, you will never guess that there are veggies hidden in them! Serve them with steamed rice or vegetables for a meal, or serve them by themselves with little toothpicks as appetizer or the perfect party snack!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Put zucchini, carrot and onion in a food processor and process until very fine.
- Transfer vegetables to a big mixing bowl. Add pork/veal mix, salt and white pepper, and mix until combined.
- Take 1 spoonful of mixture and roll into a ball (around the size of a golf ball) using your hands. Transfer to lined baking tray.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Bake meatballs for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, make your glaze by combining all ingredients for the glaze in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes in 30 second intervals, stirring every pause, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove meatballs from oven. Let cool slightly and brush all of them with the Sriracha glaze.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice or vegetables. Enjoy!
- You may use chicken or turkey mince instead of pork/veal if you wish.
- Feel free to change the amount of Sriracha to adjust the level of heat to your preference.
- You may substitute honey with your favorite sweetener to make this sugar-free!