Warm kale and quinoa salad topped with freshly grilled shrimp and a sugar-free lemon dressing. This superfood salad is hearty, healthy, incredibly easy to make and great for meal prep too. Just as well, because you'll fall in love with salads after this!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- Prepare your dressing by mixing all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place chopped kale in a big mixing bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and drizzle 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil all over. Using your hands, massage the kale leaves for 2-3 minutes or until the leaves turn into a darker shade of green. Set aside.
- Heat up 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until no longer translucent, about 2 minutes on each side. While cooking, season the shrimps by sprinkling black pepper over them in skillet.
- Remove shrimp from skillet. Add quinoa and kale to the skillet and warm up everything over low-medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove quinoa and kale from heat and serve in a salad bowl. Top with grilled shrimps and drizzle desired amount of dressing. Enjoy!
- To prepare the perfect quinoa, make sure you rinse it thoroughly and toast it before cooking to avoid its natural bitter taste. Ideal ratio of water to quinoa is 2:1. Cooking time can vary but it should take 15-20 minutes. Quinoa is done when it has absorbed all the water and looks fluffy. Let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The dressing can be made ahead of time and kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.