The creamy pumpkin soup is so healthy and super easy to make! Throw some pumpkin in the oven, do a quick workout, come back to the kitchen and throw the roasted pumpkin along with veggie stock in the blender, and voila dinner is ready!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 390°F / 200°C.
- Cut pumpkin into slightly smaller pieces.
- Place pumpkin in a baking dish and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked. You should be able to easily pierce through it with a fork.
- Place roasted pumpkin and vegetable stock in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and season with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Top with a bit of coconut yogurt for some extra creaminess if desired. Enjoy!
- I used kabocha pumpkin (also known as Japanese pumpkin) but you can use whatever variety you can find. Squash will also work fine!
- Adjust the consistency of the soup according to your own preference. Add more stock if you want a thinner soup, or add less if you want a thicker, creamier soup.