This easy recipe only requires 3 ingredients and no added sugar! The sweetness comes from a ripe banana and is a healthier alternative to regular pancakes. Add your favorite toppings and some yogurt for extra protein.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- Mash banana in a bowl until smooth.
- Add egg and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Add flour and whisk to combine until smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your yogurt topping by mixing the maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract and yogurt until combined. Set aside.
- Lightly oil a non-stick skillet and heat it up over medium-low heat. Add a ladleful of batter to skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, flip, and cook 1-2 minutes on the other side or until done.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Plate pancakes and top with maple yogurt mixture and raspberries. Enjoy!
- To make this dairy free, substitute yogurt with coconut yogurt or other plant based yogurts, and milk with plant milk of choice.
- You can substitute maple syrup with any other sweetener of choice to suit your dietary needs.
- If you don't have self-raising flour, you can make your own by mixing 2 tsp baking powder with 1 cup/150g/6 oz plain flour/wholemeal flour/gluten free flour.
- Feel free to use any other fresh or dried fruits as your toppings!