One of the best ways to cook fish is in aluminum foil pack! It's quick and easy and delicately steams the fish to perfection. You can make this in the oven or throw it on the barbecue on a warm Summer day! This recipe is suitable for any white fish.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15-20 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 230°C / 450°F.
- Put butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Mix minced garlic, dill and parsley in the melted butter.
- Prepare two pieces of aluminum foil, large enough to wrap each fish fillet. Place one fillet on top of each piece of foil. Top each with half of the herb butter and season with salt and pepper. Fold the foil to completely cover the fish fillets and seal the foil packs tightly.
- Bake fish packets in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Take care not to burn yourself when opening the fish packets as lots of hot steam will be released.
- Serve with lemon wedges and vegetables of choice. Enjoy!
- I used halibut but any white fish or even salmon will work for this recipe.
- The cooking time can vary depending on how big or thick your fish fillets are. If they are very thick, increase cooking time accordingly.
- Feel free to substitute butter with olive oil or oil of choice if you are sensitive to dairy.
- I served the fish with some cauliflower rice. You can serve it with brown rice, vegetables or your favorite sides!