This homemade hummus recipe is super easy to make and so much better than store-bought ones! Enjoy as a snack with some veggie sticks and crackers, as a spread in sandwiches and wraps or as a side to elevate your meal.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time -
- Juice lemon, and add to food processor along with tahini. Process for 1 minute and scrape down sides as necessary.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, cumin powder and salt, and process until blended.
- Add chickpeas and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle 1-2 tbsp water until you reach desired consistency.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- You can use canned chickpeas if you want. Just be sure to drain and rinse before using.
- Adjust amount of garlic and salt depending on how you like your hummus.
- Serve hummus with veggie sticks (such as carrot, cucumber and bell pepper), pita bread, or use as a spread in sandwiches and wraps. It's also great as a side dish, especially for any mediterranean meals.
- Hummus will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days.