Unless you live under a rock, chances are you’ve heard about the viral salmon rice bowl from TikTok, which is actually a common meal in Asian households. It’s the perfect quick and easy way to elevate leftover ingredients to a delicious and filling meal in minutes. The dish is also highly customizable so feel free to throw in your favorite toppings!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time -
- De-seed and slice cucumber, and slice avocado.
- Cut seaweed into 4 smaller squares.
- Flake salmon fillet using a fork.
- In a bowl, mix together flaked salmon, rice, soy sauce, kewpie mayo and sriracha. Top with sliced avocado, cucumber and furikake. Eat with seaweed sheets. Enjoy!
- The salmon fillet can be cooked in anyway you want. Try Baked Miso Salmon , Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon , or simply pan searing it.
- I used a mix of white and brown rice, but feel free to use whatever suits your dietary needs. Quinoa would also be great as a substitute!
- Feel free to substitute or add any of your favorite vegetables or salad greens to this versatile rice bowl. Some ideas are: edamame, corn kernels, wilted baby spinach, shredded cabbage.