Get this easy miso mushroom fried rice on the table in 15 minutes! Loaded with swiss brown and king oyster mushrooms and cooked in a umami-rich miso garlic soy sauce, this fried rice is quick, delicious, and high in plant protein and fiber.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- Finely mince garlic, chop green onions and mushrooms. Leave the smaller king oyster mushrooms uncut for garnish if you like.
- In a small bowl, combine miso, soy sauce, monk fruit erythritol sweetener and sesame oil.
- Heat up olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and let them cook, undisturbed, for 1-2 minutes or until they start to brown. Then stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and the prepared sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice and spring onions and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Taste and add more soy sauce if needed.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with green onions and some of the smaller uncut king oyster mushrooms and serve. Enjoy!
- Use day-old rice for best results.
- Feel free to use a variety of mushrooms for this for some different texture! Enoki would also be great in this.
- You may substitute soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos.
- You may substitute monk fruit erythritol sweetener with any other sweetener of choice.